Why is my Android phone not connecting to the Internet?
If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
Why is my mobile internet not working?
Remove and Re-Insert Your SIM Card
Before rebooting, turn on Airplane Mode. Wait for 30 seconds, then turn Airplane Mode off. If you still don’t have data, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, wait for a minute, turn your phone back on, turn airplane mode off, wait for 30 seconds, then turn mobile data on.
How do I fix Android Internet not available?
8 Solutions To Fix “Internet May Not Be Available” Error On…
- Restart Android Phone.
- Change DHCP Mode.
- Check For Android Update.
- Restart Your Device In Safe Mode.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Clearing Cache Partition.
- Reset All Settings.
- Alternate Way To Fix “Internet May Not Be Available”
Why do I have no Internet connection?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
How can I solve my phone network problem?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do I reset my APN settings?
- From the Settings menu, look under Backup and reset.
- Under Reset tap Reset network settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS.
- If a PIN, Password, or Fingerprint has been enabled, enter it.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS again.
- A confirmation message will display when complete.
- Touch Access Point Names or APNs and continue to step 2.
Why is my 4G LTE not working?
If your mobile data is giving you trouble, one of the first things you should try is turning airplane mode on and off. … Paths can differ slightly depending your Android version and phone manufacturer, but you can usually enable Airplane mode by going to Settings > Wireless & networks > Airplane mode.
Why is my 4G not working on my Samsung?
Check if mobile data is turned on
One of the most common reasons why your phone can’t seem to connect to the 4G network is that mobile data on your Android phone is turned off. … Open settings and go to “SIM cards & mobile networks.”
Why does my phone keep saying Internet not available?
The “Internet May Not be Available” error on Android is shown whenever the user connects to the internet and this is usually caused due to an error with the network configurations which the mobile is using to connect to the internet. It might also be caused due to incorrect DNS Settings.
What do I do if my WiFi is connected but no Internet access?
Fix Wi-Fi Connected But No Internet Access Error
- Restart Device. …
- Check Modem Lights. …
- ISP Is Down. …
- Antivirus or Other Security App. …
- Use Built-in Troubleshooter. …
- Flush DNS. …
- Change Wireless Mode on Router. …
- Obtain IP and DNS Automatically.
Why does my app say no Internet connection?
If you are seeing no internet connection consistently while other apps are working, please kill the app and switch off/on the internet connection and then relaunch. If the above step doesn’t resolve the issue, please switch off wifi and try connecting with mobile data.
How do I know if I’m connected to the Internet?
To see if you are connected to a WiFi signal on a PC, navigate to the bottom selection bar or dock. This is where you will see a Wi-Fi symbol (a cone-shaped tool with four curved bars) at the far right, followed by things such as the time and date. Click the Wi-Fi symbol, and select your preferred network.
How can I fix my internet connection fast?
You can stop when you resolve the issue(s) you are having.
- Check the network icon (or wireless connection settings) to see if you have Internet access. …
- Check for changes to proxy settings.
- Check the network cables if your computer is wired to the router.
- Reset your router.
- Check your firewall or security software.