Why is WiFi not working on Android?
If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
How do you reset your WiFi?
How to Reset a Router
- Keep your router plugged in.
- Find your router’s reset button. This will be on the back or the bottom of your router.
- Use a paperclip to hold down the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Release the button.
- Wait for the router to power back on.
How do I fix my WiFi connection?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. …
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .
What happens if I reset network settings on Android?
Resetting your network settings on Android will wipe all previous settings for your Wi-Fi and mobile data connections as well as any previously connected Bluetooth devices. … You’ll need to reconnect to your devices and Wi-Fi or mobile network connections once this is complete.
How do I fix my WiFi on my Android?
How to Fix WiFi Connection on Android Phone Tablet
- 1 Restart the Android Device. …
- 2 Make Sure the Android Device is in Range. …
- 3 Delete the WiFi Network. …
- 4 Reconnect the Android Device to the WiFi. …
- 5 Restart the Modem and Router. …
- 6 Check the Cables to the Modem and Router. …
- 7 Check the Internet Light on Modem and Router.
How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to WiFi?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
Why is my WiFi on but not working?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.
Does Resetting router change WiFi password?
Once you reset the router, the password for logging into the web interface and the WiFi password will be reset to their default passwords. Check out my post on how to find the default password for your wireless router.
How do I reset my WiFi on my phone?
How to reset network settings on an Android device
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System,” depending on what device you have.
- Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
- Tap the words “Reset network settings.”
Why can’t my phone detect my wifi?
Verify your Android client is connected SSID and IP address.
Return to your Android device’s Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi panel and tap Wi-Fi Settings. Find your network’s name (SSID) on the list of nearby Wi-Fi networks. If your network’s name is not on the list, the AP or router may be hiding its SSID.
Why does my WIFI work on everything but my phone?
Sometimes WIFI will work on everything but your phone.
Since WIFI is being used on another device it is clear that the connection is not the problem. First, be sure that your phones WIFI detector is on and can find networks near you.
Will I lose anything if I reset network settings?
All network settings are removed, including previously used networks and VPN settings. … Like resetting network settings on an iPhone, you’ll remove any previous Wi-Fi and mobile data connection settings if you reset network settings on an Android. You’ll also wipe out settings for connected Bluetooth devices.
What does ## 72786 do?
Without a PRL, the device may not be able to roam, i.e. obtain service outside of the home area. … For Sprint, it is ##873283# (it is also possible to use code ##72786# on Android or ##25327# on iOS to completely clear out the service programming and redo OTA activation, which includes updating the PRL).
What happens if I reset my APN settings?
From your APNs screen in Settings, choose the Reset To Default menu item. … The phone will remove all the APN from your phone and add one or more default settings that it thinks are appropriate for the SIM you have in your phone.