For those of you with a GT-N7100 Note 2, you are in luck because Team Electron is bringing you the DN4 (Ditto Note 4) ROM, ported straight from a real Note 4.
This ROM essentially turns your old Note 2 into a Note 4. Even better, the Ditto Note 4 ROM ships with my favorite AgNi kernel, which allows you to overclock up to 2Ghz and undervolt! (but I recommend 1.9Ghz for overclocking)
The ROM itself lags a bit without overclocking as it’s obviously designed for the Note 4’s powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor BUT it runs just fine once overclocked to 1.9Ghz, and actually runs just as fast as my Note 4 (as shown in video). Even with overclocking, you can get more battery life than a Note 4 (as Note 4’s quad-HD screen is a battery hog.).
Inside Ditto Note 4 ROM you will find all Note 4 features like Note 4 air command, multi-window, and many apps including S Note, S Finder, launcher, music/video player, S-Voice, browser, gallery, and much much more. And yes, you also get Ultra Power Saving Mode so you can go for days when out of battery (I was able to get 20 days on Ultra Power Saving Mode, unbelievable!).
The only thing not working correctly include radio FM app (no sound), bluetooth audio, and Abstract Tile lockscreen effect. Otherwise this ROM is good for daily driving so definitely check it out this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download DN4 ROM (for GT-N7100, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL ON ANY OTHER NOTE 2 MODELS, YOU WILL HARDBRICK AND I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE!)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install TouchWiz Themes, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system. Then re-install ROM!)
First time installing a custom ROM? See our Custom ROM Install Guide first!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want latest Android 5.0 Lollipop Keyboard? See How to Install Lollipop Keyboard!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!! A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: The ROM is not booting! A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.