How do I boot into Windows instead of Linux?
Switching back and forth between operating systems is simple. Just reboot your computer and you’ll see a boot menu. Use the arrow keys and the Enter key to select either Windows or your Linux system.
How do I switch from Ubuntu to Windows?
From a workspace:
- Press Super + Tab to bring up the window switcher.
- Release Super to select the next (highlighted) window in the switcher.
- Otherwise, still holding down the Super key, press Tab to cycle through the list of open windows, or Shift + Tab to cycle backwards.
How do I make Windows My default boot?
Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.
How do I change boot order between Ubuntu and Windows?
Command line method
Step 1: Open up a terminal window (CTRL+ALT+T). Step 2: Find the Windows entry number in the boot loader. In the screenshot below, you’ll see that “Windows 7…” is the fifth entry, but since entries start at 0, the actual entry number is 4. Change the GRUB_DEFAULT from 0 to 4, then save the file.
How do I set Windows 10 to boot first instead of Ubuntu?
How to set Windows 10 as default in Ubuntu (grub) boot loader
- Step 1: Install the Grub Customizer software. If you haven’t already, boot into Ubuntu. Click on the ‘Show Applications’ icon at the bottom right on the screen. …
- Step 2: Change the boot order. Click on the ‘Show Applications’ icon at the bottom right on the screen.
What is the cost of Windows 10 operating system?
If you’ve got an outdated version of Windows (anything older than 7) or build your own PCs, Microsoft’s latest release will cost $119. That’s for Windows 10 Home, and the Pro tier will be priced higher at $199.
How do I get rid of Ubuntu and install Windows?
- Boot a live CD/DVD/USB with Ubuntu.
- Choose “Try Ubuntu”
- Download and install OS-Uninstaller.
- Start the software and select what operating system you want to uninstall.
- When all is over, reboot your computer, and voila, only Windows is on your computer or of course no OS!
Can I install Windows after Ubuntu?
It’s easy to install dual OS, but if you install Windows after Ubuntu, Grub will be affected. Grub is a boot-loader for Linux base systems. You can follow the above steps or you can do just the following: Make space for your Windows from Ubuntu.
How do I change from Ubuntu to Windows 10?
- Step 1 Download Ubuntu Disk Image. Download your desired Ubuntu LTS version from here. …
- Step 2 Create Bootable USB drive. The next step is to create the bootable USB drive by extracting files from the Ubuntu disk image using the Universal USB Installer software. …
- Step 3 Boot Ubuntu from USB at Start Up.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”.
How do I change the boot menu in Windows 10?
Windows 10, 8, 7, & Vista
- Go to the Start Menu, type msconfig in the search box, and press Enter. …
- Click on the Boot tab.
- Check the Safe boot check box under Boot options.
- Select the Minimal radio button for Safe Mode or Network for Safe Mode with Networking.
How do I change boot options?
To edit boot options in Windows, use BCDEdit (BCDEdit.exe), a tool included in Windows. To use BCDEdit, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the computer. You can also use the System Configuration utility (MSConfig.exe) to change boot settings.
How do I change boot options in Ubuntu?
- Open a terminal window and execute: sudo nano /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
- Enter your password.
- In the file opened, find the text: set default=”0″
- Number 0 is for the first option, number 1 for the second one, etc. Change the number for your choice.
- Save the file by pressing CTRL+O and exit by pressing CRTL+X .
How do I fix a missing dual boot menu in Windows?
Fix 1. Disable Windows Fast Boot
- Step 1: Click Start button and click Settings icon. …
- Step 2: Click Choose what the power button does. …
- Step 1: Press “Windows + X” keys to open shortcut menu. …
- Step 3: Restart the computer to see whether the problem is solved.
How do I change the boot order in BIOS?
Changing the UEFI boot order
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the boot order list.
- Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list.