How do I know if my database is running?
How to check if DB is up & running from Application Server?
- Write a shell script in App server which connects to DB. Trigger a dummy select statement. If that works then DB is up.
- Write a shell script in App server which pings the DB. If ping works then DB is up.
How do I know if MySQL is running on Linux?
We check the status with the systemctl status mysql command. We use the mysqladmin tool to check if MySQL server is running. The -u option specifies the user which pings the server.
How do I check my TNS Listener status?
Do the following:
- Log on to the host where the Oracle database resides.
- Change to the following directory: Solaris: Oracle_HOME/bin. Windows: Oracle_HOMEbin.
- To start the listener service, type the following command: Solaris: lsnrctl START. Windows: LSNRCTL. …
- Repeat step 3 to verify that the TNS listener is running.
How do I know if Oracle database is running?
On Windows systems, go to Control Panel→Administrative Tools→Services to see whether the Oracle service has started. You can also look under Windows Task Manager to find similar information. On Linux/UNIX systems, simply check for the PMON process. Without PMON, there’s no Oracle database instance running.
How do I know if MariaDB is running on Linux?
How to check MariaDB version
- Log into your MariaDB instance, in our case we log in using the command: mysql -u root -p.
- After you log in you can see your version in the welcome text – highlighted in the screen-grab below:
- If you cannot see your version here you can also run the following command to see it:
How do I start MySQL in Linux?
Start MySQL Server on Linux
- sudo service mysql start.
- sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start.
- sudo systemctl start mysqld.
Where is MySQL installed on Linux?
- Open up MySQL’s configuration file: less /etc/my.cnf.
- Search for the term “datadir”: /datadir.
- If it exists, it will highlight a line that reads: datadir = [path]
- You can also manually look for that line. …
- If that line does not exist, then MySQL will default to: /var/lib/mysql.
How do I fix TNS no listener error?
First check the tnsnames. ora file and ensure that it points to the correct server and port. If the Forms server is on another machine, test the TNS resolve with tnsping from the command prompt. Finally, check the listener.
Where can I find listener Ora?
ora file is located in the ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory. The listener. ora file can also be stored the following locations: The directory specified by the TNS_ADMIN environment variable or registry value.
Where can I find TNS entry of a database?
By default, the tnsnames. ora file is located in the ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.
How do I start a database in Linux?
On Linux with Gnome: In the Applications menu, point to Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, and then select Start Database. On Linux with KDE: Click the icon for the K Menu, point to Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, and then select Start Database.
How do I check my Srvctl status?
Displays the status of instances and their services, and where the instances are running. If you run this command on an Oracle RAC One Node database, then the output shows the status of any online database relocation (active, failed, or inactive), and the source and destination nodes of the relocation.
How do I check SQL database status?
To verify the current state of a database, select the state_desc column in the sys. databases catalog view or the Status property in the DATABASEPROPERTYEX function.