How do I restore my Dell laptop to factory settings Ubuntu?
This OS reinstall option can be used to restore the system to its original factory settings from a partition on your Hard Drive.
- Restart your PC. Press the ESC key once after you see the Dell logo to invoke the GRUB menu. (You may need several attempts at this. …
- Choose Restore OS to Factory State.
How do I factory reset my laptop Ubuntu?
There is no such thing as factory reset in ubuntu. You have to run a live disk/usb drive of any linux distro and backup your data and then reinstall ubuntu.
How do I restore my Dell laptop to factory settings Linux?
Reset Dell OEM Ubuntu Linux 14.04 and 16.04 Developer Edition to factory state
- Power on the system.
- Wait for the onscreen message booting in insecure mode to appear, then press the Esc key on the keyboard once. …
- After pressing the Esc key, the GNU GRUB boot loader screen should appear.
How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Access the same Reset this PC function in the system settings and select Get Started. Choose Remove Everything to wipe the computer. You will have the option to only delete your files or to delete everything and clean the entire drive. After the process is completed, the computer will restart with a fresh drive.
How do you do a hard reset on a Dell?
Perform a hard reset.
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect the AC adapter or power cable from the computer, and remove the battery (for Dell laptops). …
- Disconnect all devices like USB drives, printers, webcams, and media cards (SD/xD).
- Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.
How do I factory reset my laptop Linux?
Restart the computer by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at the same time, or using the Shut Down/Reboot menu if Ubuntu still starts correctly. To open the GRUB Recovery Mode, press F11, F12, Esc or Shift during startup.
How do I erase everything on Ubuntu?
- apt install wipe -y. The wipe command is useful to remove files, directories partitions or disk. …
- wipe filename. To report on progress type:
- wipe -i filename. To wipe a directory type:
- wipe -r directoryname. …
- wipe -q /dev/sdx. …
- apt install secure-delete. …
- srm filename. …
- srm -r directory.
How do you wipe a Linux computer?
Most variants of Linux come with two tools for securely wiping a drive: the dd command and the shred tool. You could use dd or shred to wipe the drive, then create partitions and format it with a disk utility. To wipe a drive using the dd command, it’s important to know the drive letter and partition number.
How do I restore Ubuntu 18.04 to factory settings?
To use Resetter you can either allow the app to automatically detect and remove installed apps by clicking “Automatic Reset” or choose to have it uninstall only the app items you select by clicking “Custom Reset”. After the reset process is done, it will create a new user account and show you the login credentials.
How do I restore Linux Mint to factory settings?
How to use Resetter ?
- Once you have installed launch it from application menu.
- Hit Custom Reset button and select the application which you want to remove then hit Next button.
- This will install missed pre-installed packages as per manifest file.
- Select the users which you want to remove.
How do I uninstall Windows 10 and install Linux Mint?
Remove Linux Mint and Restore Windows 10
- Boot into Windows 10.
- Type ‘Recovery’ in the programs search box and launch ‘Recovery Options’.
- You should be on ‘Recovery’ section in the left pane. …
- Click ‘Troubleshoot’. …
- Click ‘Advanced Options’. …
- Click ‘Command Prompt’. …
- Your computer will boot into GRUB one last time!
How do I switch back from Windows to Linux?
If you have started Linux from a Live DVD or Live USB stick, just select the final menu item, shutdown and follow the on screen prompt. It will tell you when to remove the Linux boot media. The Live Bootable Linux does not touch the hard drive, so you’ll be back in Windows next time you power up.
How do I factory reset a Dell Inspiron Mini?
Restore Dell Inspiron Mini to Factory Settings
During the boot process, a blue bar with www.dell.com appears at the top of the screen. Immediately upon seeing the blue bar, press Ctrl + F11. If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, you will need to repeat the operation (restart your PC).
Where is reset button on Dell laptop?
The reset button for a Dell laptop depends on the operating system. For Dell computers with Windows XP, it is the combination of Ctrl + F11. For Vista and Windows 7, it is F8. For Dell computers with Windows XP, pressing Ctrl + F11 at the Dell logo upon startup leads to the Dell PC Restore utility.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.