How can I extend my C drive in Windows 7 for free?
1. How to extend C drive in Windows 7 Disk Management
- Press Windows and R together on your keyboard, press diskmgmt. msc and press Enter to open Disk Management.
- Right click D: …
- Right click system C: drive and select Extend Volume.
- Simply click Next till Finish in the pop-up Extend Volume Wizard window.
Is it possible to extend C drive space?
Method 1: Increase C drive space in Disk Management
Step 1 Right-click on Windows Start button and select Disk Management. This will launch Disk Management console. Step 2 Right-click on C drive in Disk Management and choose Extend Volume option. Then the Extend Volume Wizard shows up.
How do I increase the size of my C drive?
#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space
- Right-click This PC/My Computer, click “Manage”, select “Disk Management” under Storage.
- Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose “Extend Volume”.
- Set and add more space to your system C drive and click “Next” to continue.
How can I increase C drive memory?
Follow the steps below:
- Right-click the “Computer” icon on the desktop and hit the “Manage” option.
- Click on “Disk Management” to open Windows Disk Management.
- Select C drive, right-click and hit “Extend Volume”.
- Set the amount of space to be extended to C drive following Extend Volume Wizard.
Why can’t I extend my C drive?
If you can’t extend volume, like cannot extend volume in C drive, don’t worry. … You’ll find why is the Extend Volume option greyed out on your computer: There is no unallocated space on your hard drive. There is no contiguous unallocated space or free space behind the partition you want to extend.
What do I do when my C drive is full?
Solution 2. Run Disk Cleanup
- Right-click on C: drive and select Properties, and then click “Disk Cleanup” button in the disk properties window.
- In Disk Cleanup window, select the files you want to delete and click OK. If this does not free up much space, you can click Clean up system files button to delete system files.
Can’t extend C drive unallocated space Windows 10?
Steps when can’t extend C drive in Windows 10/8/7 after shrinking D: Step 1: Download NIUBI Partition Editor, right click D: drive and select “Resize/Move Volume”, drag the middle towards right in the pop-up window. Then Unallocated space is moved next to C drive.
How do I add more C drive space to Windows 10?
Solution 2. Extend C Drive Windows 10 via Disk Management
- Right-click My Computer and choose “Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management”.
- Right-click on the partition that you want to extend, and choose “Extend Volume” to continue.
- Set and add more size to your target partition and click “Next” to continue.
How do I add more disk space to my computer?
How to increase your storage space on a PC
- Delete programs you never use. On Windows® 10 and Windows® 8, right-click the Start button (or press Windows key+X), select Control Panel, then under Programs, select Uninstall a program. …
- Back up rarely used data on an external hard drive. …
- Run the Disk Cleanup utility.
How do I add more space to my C drive Windows 10 D drive?
How to Move Space from D Drive to C Drive Windows 10/8/7
- Right-click on the D: …
- Select the target partition – C: drive and drag the partition panel rightward to add the free space from D: …
- Click the “Execute Operation” button and click “Apply” to start the process of moving free space from D:
How do I move unallocated space next to C drive?
drive. To move Unallocated space next to C drive in Windows 10/8/7 computer, right click D: drive and select “Resize/Move Volume”, drag the middle towards right in the pop-up window. Then Unallocated space is moved to the left of D drive.
How do I clean up my C drive?
How do I clean up my hard drive?
- Open “Start”
- Search for “Disk Cleanup” and click it when it appears.
- Use the “Drives” drop-down menu and select the C drive.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Click the “Cleanup system files” button.
How do I combine C and D drives?
How to Merge C and D Drive in Windows 10 Without Losing Data
- Step 1: Select the target partition. Right-click on the partition which you want to add space to and keep, and select “Merge”.
- Step 2: Select a neighbor partition to merge. …
- Step 3: Execute operation to merge partitions.