To auto-hide, the taskbar in Windows 10, follow the steps below. Press your Windows key + I together to open your settings. Next, click Personalization and select Taskbar. Next, change the option to automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to “ON”.
Why won’t my taskbar hide when I go fullscreen?
If your taskbar doesn’t hide even with the auto-hide feature turned on, it’s most likely an application’s fault. … When you’re having issues with fullscreen applications, videos or documents, check your running apps and close them one by one. As you do this, you can find which app is causing the issue.
How do I fix my taskbar not auto hiding?
What to Do When the Windows Taskbar Won’t Auto-Hide
- Click the Restart option.
- Right-click the Taskbar.
- Click the Taskbar Settings option from the list.
- Ensure that Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode is set to the On position.
- Close the Taskbar Settings.
- Right-click the taskbar to bring up a new menu.
Why does my taskbar not hide?
Windows allows the user to customize the taskbar and make respective changes in the settings. If the system shows the error – taskbar won’t hide, then the user must first verify that the taskbar isn’t locked at the taskbar settings. Also, the taskbar has an automatically hide taskbar feature enabled in the settings.
How do I reset my taskbar Windows 10?
To do it, right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the options. It will open the Task Manager. In the Processes tab select Windows Explorer and click on the Restart button at the bottom of the Task Manager window. Windows Explorer along with the taskbar will restart.
How do I unhide the taskbar in Windows 10?
Press the Windows key on the keyboard to bring up the Start Menu. This should also make the taskbar appear. Right-Click on the now-visible taskbar and select Taskbar Settings. Click on the ‘Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode’ toggle so that the option is disabled, or enable “Lock the taskbar”.
How do I get rid of the bottom bar on full screen?
How to Fix Why is Taskbar Showing Full-screen?
- Press your Windows key + I together to open your settings.
- Next, click Personalization and select Taskbar.
- on the left pane, click Task Bar choose the options “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” and “automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode”.
How do I restore taskbar to bottom of screen?
To move the taskbar from its default position along the bottom edge of the screen to any of the other three edges of the screen:
- Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
- Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the place on the screen where you want the taskbar.
Why is my taskbar hiding in Chrome?
Resetting the Chrome settings: Go to Google Chrome Settings in the browser, Click on Advanced Settings and then on Reset Settings. Reboot your system. Press F11 key to see if you are not in Windows Full Screen Mode. Lock the Taskbar: Right Click Taskbar, Enable Lock Taskbar option.
How do I make my taskbar invisible?
Switch to the “Windows 10 Settings” tab using the header menu of the application. Make sure to enable the “Customize Taskbar” option, then choose “Transparent.” Adjust the “Taskbar Opacity” value until you’re satisfied with the results. Click on the OK button to finalize your changes.
How do I hide the taskbar in Windows 10 without activation?
To Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Settings
- Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon. …
- Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side, and turn On or Off (default) Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode on the right side. ( …
- You can now close Settings if you like.
How do I permanently hide my taskbar Windows 10?
Step 1: Right-click on an empty spot on the taskbar, click Taskbar settings option to open Taskbar settings page of the Settings app. Step 2: Here, turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode option to hide the Taskbar immediately.
Why is my taskbar covering the bottom of my screen?
Method 2: Check if the Auto hide is disabled. Lock the taskbar and right click on the Taskbar to select Properties. Uncheck the box Auto-hide the taskbar (If the box is checked) to disable it.
How do I fix full screen mode?
Press F11. You may have to push and hold the FN key at the same time, depending on your laptop model. F11 can be used to toggle Full Screen mode. You can also move your cursor to the upper edge of the screen.