Looking for a fast and stable Android 4.4.4 AOSP ROM (What is AOSP?) for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
Well, I can tell you Gummy ROM is one of the best out there that also brings you a load of great customization/options not found on CM11 ROM. I love CM11 ROM also but sometimes lack of tweaks/features make me want to switch to a ROM like Gummy ROM.
With Gummy ROM, you will get all of your 3 wishes granted along with a few dozen customization/tweaks like Lockscreen notifications, full customization of status bar, battery, and a ton more.
If you are looking for such a ROM, definitely give this Gummy ROM a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Gummy ROM for Galaxy Note 2 (For AT&T SGH-i317, T-Mobile SGH-T889, Sprint SPH-L900, Verizon SCH-i605, Canadian SCH-i317M, and GT-N7105)
Sorry no Gummy ROM available for GT-N7100, but I recommend trying CM11 ROM M9 Snapshot instead.
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Use micro if you want AOSP camera along with Google Camera you can install from Play Store or use stock if you want all latest Google apps but you only get Google Camera)
Sorry, DOES NOT WORK WITH SAFESTRAP!!!
BEFORE INSTALLING, UPGRADE your CWM Recovery to v220.127.116.11 or higher using ROM Manager App from the Play Store. Also if using TWRP, use Goo Manager app to update to v18.104.22.168 or higher. Otherwise you will FAIL during install! You can also install CWM Recovery manually here.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install HighOnAndroid Conversion Kit (If you want OnePlus One camera, theme, AudioFX/Screencast apps), and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See our Custom ROM Install Guide first!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.