For those of you still waiting for a OnePlus One invite, here’s another way to appease your waiting time by converting your Galaxy Note 2 into OnePlus One!
Don’t know what OnePlus One is? See our OnePlusOne unboxing video here.
You can do this easily by installing the latest CM11 ROM Snapshot M9 along with our HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion Kit. You will be able to get pretty much every feature of OnePlus One including OnePlus One camera, lockscreen, Screencast app (screen recording app), Hexo theme, and everything except screen-off gestures (which we are working on).
Also, CM11 ROM Snapshot M9 are very stable and fast so if you’ve had problems with CM11 ROM nightlies, these snapshots should fix most of your issues. Overall, I am having very good experience with CM11 ROM Snapshot M9 on most of my Android devices and I think they have one of the most stable AOSP ROMs out now.
So, definitely give this combo a go if you haven’t tried it, and definitely let me know what you think!
Download CM11 ROM for Galaxy Note 2 (for AT&T/T-mobile/Canadian/GT-N7105)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps [You can use Stock or Micro]
Sorry, DOES NOT WORK WITH SAFESTRAP!!!
BEFORE INSTALLING, UPGRADE your CWM Recovery to v220.127.116.11 or higher using ROM Manager App from the Play Store. Also if using TWRP, use Goo Manager app to update to v18.104.22.168 or higher. Otherwise you will FAIL during install! You can also install CWM Recovery manually here.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See our Custom ROM Install Guide first!
Credits – CyanogenMOD for awesome CM11 ROM! The HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion kit also works on any Android smartphone or tablet running CM11 ROM, see How to Convert your Android Smartphone into OnePlus One!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Q: How can I thank you for your tutorial?
A: I don’t take donations but if you could PLEASE subscribe to my Zedomax YouTube channel, that would help me greatly and thank you!